The retired immigrant or death pensioner who is in the national territory, may apply for a residence permit , provided complies with the requirements established in the current legislation, such as:

  • Proof that you have the capacity to transfer monthly to Brazil an amount equal to or greater than the value of US $ 2,000.00 (two thousand dollars), as a retirement or death pension;
  • Negative certificate of criminal record issued by the competent authority of the country of origin and / or nationality (depending on the case), legalized or apostille based on the Hague Convention;
  • Valid passport and
  • Additional documentation.

If the interested party cannot provide the perception of values ​​as a retirement or death pension, other sources of receipt, provided that they are official and subject to proof, can be used.

The initial residence term will be valid for 2 (two) years.

The interested party can also obtain a temporary visa based on retirement or death pension directly at the brazilian embassy or consulate abroad.

Therefore, we recommend that the immigrant check in advance the documentation that will be required as it may vary from one consular post to another in compliance with the discretion of the consular authority.

What is the estimated time for approval of the process after the protocol on the migrantweb?

30 days. However, it is important to consider that the period may vary according to the volume of processes to be analyzed, as well as due to any requirements that may arise during the process.

What documents should I submit to the Federal Police Department for my national migratory registration?

The necessary documentation can be obtained through the Federal Police website or directly at the police station where the immigrant will register.

As a rule, a prior appointment will be necessary.

We recommend checking the list of documents in advance. Changes may occur at any time, and it is the responsibility of the Brazilian authorities to update the requirements in accordance with their internal guidelines and bilateral agreements signed with certain countries.